Nowadays, many interior design firms in Bangalore have made a subtle shift towards soft minimalism. The striking and opulent designs have now given way to subtle and soft looks that can create a warm and welcoming space. Soft minimalism is all about tonal hues, natural materials and careful organising of things that you cannot be without. This design accentuates how people can engage and experience a space that is open and uncluttered.
So how soft minimalism is implemented?
Most interior design firms in Bangalore start with a clean slate when it comes to soft minimalism. The hues of beige, greige, lavender,mist grey, lilac, dusty rose and sand are some of the favorites for choosing paints. Earthy tones are favorites when it comes to this design.
When it comes to layers of furniture and furnishings, clean and sleek lines are recommended. Most office or home interior design firms in Bangalore avoid the visual swathes of bright colour. Complementing colours, rounded or organic shapes, natural materials are a central component of this design. Ceiling lights, pendant lights and table lamps are used to create a warm and cosy feel.
Soft minimalism is a design that exudes practicality. It declutters your space and enhances functionality and the feel of the room. William Morris, a British designer, said, “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful”. If it’s neither practical nor pretty, donate it. When space needs a thoughtful curating, most home or office interior design firms in Bangalore recommend soft minimalism.
The convergence of indoors and outdoors is one of the advantages of this design. It seamlessly connects nature to your space by incorporating abundant natural lighting, raw materials and an effortless introduction of greenery. It aims in creating cosy and comfortable spaces for social interaction, family bonding or some me time with a beautiful view.
How to introduce soft minimalism to your home?
It is quite an effortless process to introduce this beautiful design to your home by following these simple steps.
- Use different shades of the same hue and then add some pop of accent colours.
- Use different textures like leather, velvet and linen for warm and comfortable seating.
- Embrace curves like rounded edges or arcs through architecture or furniture is integral to this design. It provides a sense of harmony and gentle on the eyes.
- Invest in a single piece of furniture that gives a refined look, for example; handless cabinetry is a good choice.
- Invest in pieces that will be durable for years like a sofa rather than multiple sections of seating.
- Most home or apartment interior design firms in Bangalore finish off this design with small vignettes. For example, a carefully curated display on your coffee table or book shelves in groups of three for a pare-backed scheme
Soft minimalism helps in creating sanctuaries that give peace of mind in contrast to our hectic lives. Want some more ideas? Our experts at Design Arc Interiors are at your service.