The challenge to design an office with maximum amenities, employee satisfaction and brand impact is well known among business circles. A well-designed office can increase your team’s overall productivity levels. And productivity being the keyword, many business executives consider interior office design to be a major capital investment for their organization. They look to assign the job to professional turnkey office interior designers.
These office interior designers integrate strategic design innovations to improve the quality, productivity and working atmosphere in the company. Their turnkey solutions could prove to be just the motivation that employees need to improve productivity. Now let us see some of the factors that they consider when they design an office space.
- Employees spend around 8 to 12 hours at the office. They need adequate space to move around. A cramped atmosphere is not where anyone wants to spend their working time. So the turnkey office interior designers would primarily look into organizing the office space to make it more spacious and comfortable.
- This could be done by designing more open collaborative workspace and reducing the closed cubicles. Open offices are known to increase productivity as there is increased intercommunication and teamwork. However, there is flip-side too, distraction and noise because of intermittent chatter, both detrimental.
- So, there should be some workspace which will provide for concentration and privacy too. The right mix of open and compartmentalized working space, giving flexibility of usage according to convenience, is imperative for a business to thrive.
- An ergonomic furniture design is a must-have in the office. People working for long hours in front of a computer or a laptop need to have adjustable chairs, so that their eyes are in line with the monitor to reduce the stress on the eye. Very often one sees employees suffering from neck or back pain due to sitting for hours in front of an office desk.
- Absenteeism or even working with pain can prove to be detrimental to work quality. Hence ergonomic desks and chairs whose heights can be adjusted is a good option. Even better would be to introduce the sit-stand option, so as to alternate working by sitting for some time and standing for the rest. Fortunately, in recent times, office interior designers are keeping this in view while providing for office furniture design.
- The plain white or cream walls are no longer in vogue at the workplace. Turnkey office interior designers know for a fact that drab plain walls do not provide for work motivation. So they often include colours like green, red, yellow, blue or a combination of two or more as relief in their design.
- Psychologically, green is associated with growth, red with energy boost, pink and blue are said to be calming and stable and yellow is said to stimulate creativity. Some designers may even suggest an abstract artwork or a quirky mural on the wall as added decor. However, each organisation has a specific need, and the colours to be used, has to be decided according to the specifications of the company, which may even decide to go with the colour of the brand.
Air quality and Lighting
- Two of the most important factors in increasing work productivity is the quality of air and lighting in the workplace, and most often than not, they are the most neglected factors too. Large windows not only increase the circulation of fresh air, they also allow for natural sunlight to flow in.
- Plants too can grow in such an atmosphere and plants are known to relieve stress in employees. But what do you do in case you cannot have natural lighting in your office? The apparent solution would be to go in for full spectrum bulbs or spotlights and maybe you can have plants like fern which do not require much natural light for growth. The office interior designer could even suggest investing in reflective office furniture. This would help reflect the light and give a bright airy feel.
- Fostering a more productive workplace is the concern of every organisation. Hence, going for a reputed and good turnkey office interior designers to design your workplace could prove to be a fruitful and wise decision, as the creative innovation and design presented by a professional office interior designer can transform a drab, plain office environment into a live, motivational one.