Designing a Comfortable Living Room
Living rooms are the most important space in a home. This is where you will greet and entertain your guests. This is where your guests will get the opportunity to size you up and to give you the respect that you deserve. That apart, the living room is the space where you get to put your feet up, enjoy and relax with your friends. Here are a few tips that would help you design a comfortable living room from the best interior designers in Bangalore –
- Having enough and more seats are essential in a comfortable living room. That’s why most interior decorators in Bangalore will go in for essential furniture such as sofa (square seated seven-foot long ones would be ideal), a coffee table, club chair, wing chair and a couple of footstools make the essentials for a living room.
- This will ensure that there are enough and more seats for your guests and everyone will be seated with comfort.
Finding a focal point
- Now that you have the furniture, the next essential step is to decide where and how to arrange them in the room so that the design and comfort flow harmoniously together.
- Aligning the sofa with a hearth or a fireplace is a great idea but if the room doesn’t have one, then the view from the window or a large piece of art can become the focal point.
- Then you can align your sofa so that your guests can get the best view of the art/garden/high-rise view. They are the best conversation starters that one can have.
Conversations and Coffee Table
- Finding the right coffee table is difficult. For most interior decorators in Bangalore, it’s like finding the holy grail! Coffee tables are often underrated pieces of furniture but they are very handy and they do bring in sense of order within the space.
- You can use it to place coffee, tea, drinks anything you like, store newspapers/magazines under it (if it comes with cabinets) and those who entertain other families with kids will find it to be a lovely table to put their ludo or monopoly boards on it. At the very least, you can always put your feet up on it and relax.
Pretty trims and frills
- Once the basic furniture is decided upon, you can go about adding all those trills and frills that would make space more personal and pretty. Fresh flowers in a vase bring in nature within and they will look beautiful anywhere. On the table, by the fireplace or on a cabinet. Even a single money plant in a small vase will look lovely.
- Cushions and throws that contrasts with the furniture colour will bring in contrast and make the space alive.
- Add a few candles in a glass (if they are scented it would great) and you have the most comfortable living room ever that you would love coming back home to.